· It is recommended that isopropyl alcohol be used as a solvent for cleaning the LEDs.When usingother solvents, it should be confirmed beforehand whether the solvents will dissolve the package and theresin or not.Freon solvents should not be used to clean the LEDs because of worldwide regulations.
· Do not clean the LEDs by the ultrasonic.When it is absolutely necessary, the influence of ultrasoniccleaning on the LEDs depends on factors such as ultrasonic power and the assembled condition.Before cleaning, a pre-test should be done to confirm whether any damage to the LEDs will occur.
· Static electricity or surge voltage damages the LEDs.It is recommended that a wrist band or an anti-electrostatic glove be used when handling the LEDs.
· All devices, equipment and machinery must be properly grounded.It is recommended that precautionsbe taken against surge voltage to the equipment that mounts the LEDs.
· When inspecting the final products in which LEDs were assembled, it is recommended to checkwhether the assembled LEDs are damaged by static electricity or not.It is easy to findstatic-damaged LEDs by a light-on test or a VF test at a lower current (below 1mA is recommended).
· Damaged LEDs will show some unusual characteristics such as the forward voltage becomes lower,or the LEDs do not light at the low current.Criteria : (VF > 2.0VatIF=0.5mA)
· NSSW064 complies with RoHS Directive.
· The LED light output is strong enough to injure human eyes.Precautions must be taken to preventlooking directly at the LEDs with unaided eyes for more than a few seconds.
· Flashing lights have been known to cause discomfort in people; you can prevent this by takingprecautions during use.Also, people should be cautious when using equipment that has had LEDsincorporated into it.
· The LEDs described in this brochure are intended to be used for ordinary electronic equipment (suchas office equipment, communications equipment, measurement instruments and household appliances).Consult Nichia's sales staff in advance for information on the applications in which exceptional qualityand reliability are required, particularly when the failure or malfunction of the LEDs may directlyjeopardize life or health (such as for airplanes, aerospace, submersible repeaters, nuclear reactorcontrol systems, automobiles, traffic control equipment, life support systems and safety devices).
· User shall not reverse engineer by disassembling or analysis of the LEDs without having prior writtenconsent from Nichia.When defective LEDs are found, the User shall inform Nichia directly beforedisassembling or analysis.
· The formal specifications must be exchanged and signed by both parties before large volume purchase begins.
· The appearance and specifications of the product may be modified for improvement without notice.